Monday, January 7, 2008

Assignment #13

1) A guiding principle in my life is not necessarily ONE guiding principle, it's multiple things that are important to me. They mostly go in this order: Tyler(recently added), Family, friends, church, camp, sports, school, work. This hierarchy is what dictates my life, for exaple, if there is some camp activity on a weekend, and I'm schedudled to work, I'll get my shift covered. But family trumps over all, if one of my family memebers is in need, I will go to them before any other thing. I know this sounds crazy, but I pretty much do what I want within reason, if there is something I want to do, I'll do it, it's all just spontaneous. Life is crazy like that.

2) When the 35W bridge collapsed, I was compleatly freaked out, and it changed me, especially at that moment in time. I was at camp and pretty much compleatly closed off from the world, I couldn't watch the news, no newspaper, no internet, the only thing I had was my phone. We were getting ready to go out to a movie when I got a text from my friend saying that the bridge had collapsed and they were calling it a disaster. Then I got two more texts from people and I tried calling my family but all the phone lines were jammed, then I called my best friend to see if she was alright and what was going on and I got through to her. I was almost shaking becuase I couldn't talk to my family. I finnaly got a hold of them about half an hour later and they were all fine. But even to this day, I never saw any pictures or videos of the accident.

3) I want to be a counselor at Star Lake this summer. I want to be the counselor that makes kids want to come back, that treats them like mature individuals and gives them an experience they won't forget. That's pretty much it right now I guess. I also want to go to college and have a lot of fun.

3 comments:

robena said...

claire you crazy foo, drumming your own beat is one thing why you're just awesome lol

zoe said...

woo hoo claire how cool

Tyler's Blog said...

I'm glad I'm your highest priority, it means alot Claire. <3

I gotta say I can relate easily with the bridge collapse, my mom corsses that bridge 4 times a day, my heart skipped a beat when i found out it collapsed. She aprantly made it over by 10 minutes before it dropped.