Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Assignment #6-Creating Fear

1) I only like being scared occasionally, usually I don't like it. I'm the person in the haunted house that yells at the workers. I'm okay with being scared when I'm in a giddy mood, or with poeple I really trust. Like, scary movies with close friends is okay, as long as I can grab onto someones hand.
2) I am afraid of being by myself in the dark, like, in my basement, I always scare myself into thinking there is gonna be someone down there. Or at camp, if I have to go to the privy at night, I always sit in my bed for about half an hour before I can work up the courage to go pee. Especially at camp, because there is a true-well, I believe it- story about an 'orb' we call it "orbie", it is sadi to be the ghost of a native american mother, who on the camp-one trail in particualr-watched her children get murdered by voyagers or something...and the story goes that she's looking for her children.
I am more afraid of the possibility of something horrible happening, your imagination can be much more scary than real life.
3) Someone who has no control of their emotions and reacts automatically to everything without thought.
4) Pressures in modern socicety drive people to madness. Their personality starts to change, and their lives start to be run by ultimately, money, which makes them make decisions automatically without a thought about anything else.

3 comments:

zoe said...

I for sure agree with you. Basements and camp are some of the most scary places you could be at night. There's ghost stories at my camp to, I don't really believe them either but it still scares the crap out of me at night when i have to go pee by myself.

robena said...

i agree with what you said in all of them. and i'm the exact same where i scare myself just by overthinking things. also with number one i'll be the one with friends and we'll we screaming then just end up laughing lol.

Tyler's Blog said...

I'm worried about you.... having to work up the courage to get up and go to the bathroom! I'm going to get you some help, and I've never really been afraid of the dark, sorry I cant relate. The night is one of my favorite things, one of the reasons I love the fall so much.