Monday, December 10, 2007

Assignment #11

1) I think a great piece of writing has a theme that is not obvious but is still there. This way, someone who just wants a good story gets it, and a more in-depth reader can analyze the story to pick out the theme. For example, in literature classes, I enjoy reading the books just because they have intersting plots, but I also enjoy looking deeper into the story to find what the meaning of everything is.

2) Those stories and works of writing last forever because they were innovative at the time. Be it innovative in their plot or theme, they were something that people from that time had never seen before. Or they could last forever because they are stories that people enjoy getting lost in. I could forsee maybe at some time, one of my stoires getting passed on beyond the time that I live, but not much longer than that. Only because it would be intersting to hear or funny or something like that, not neccessarily innovative.

3) If I were to have a long-lasting impact as a writer, I would want to make people laugh. There is too much sadness in the world today, and I believe that if you can make just one person smile or chuckle, you've done your part as an active member of society. Overall, everyone just really needs to buck up and put a smile on, which I know is hard to do some days, even most days, but to stay positive, we must be actively trying to stay positive.

2 comments:

robena said...

i like what you said about number one though i'm not sure if i had the patience to try to figure out the theme lol. oh claire your work would last for evasss and have an impact cause your a funny person :]

zoe said...

I like your idea on theme. Innovative... so true.